Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Radio And Time Display Bulb Replacement

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 29th October 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Deano
Hi, Firstly the dash needs a little tug to come off, i can't remember whether it's best to pull from the rear or the front though! But it comes off ok. Then you will have easy access to the clock console and the speedo console. The bulbs are located in little white holders that twist off. I changed the bulb in my mileometer with one from Halfords, although it is brighter than the clock display now so it may have not been the right wattage. The only problems I had was getting the bulb out of the holder, remidied by gently pushing up the metal holders out along with the bulb and then squeezing the new bulb inbetween the metal bits and pushing into the white holder. The other problem was twisting the white bulbholder back in as there was a shroud around the hole that my fingers couldn't get into easily, so a 'V' notch in a bit of dowel to hold the bulb holder was used. If the bulbs work then it is the clock unit, i've seen some on ebay .

Dean -Hope this wasn't too nonsensical!!
Thank you Dean - I did it.

The dash lifts off from the front and up then pull towards you. To access the bulbs there are three further screws holding the clock display in. It was a simple as you said and probably took me longer to get to halfords than to dismantle and put back together the dashboard. I got the tiny 12v 1.2 bulbs which cost 2.00 each. Working like a treat.

Bessy, following the instructions to change the bulbs was dead simple. My fault was the same as yours. You need a small star screwdriver bit and a couple of the teeny weeny bulbs. Halfords would fit the bulbs for 3.99 per bulb (including the bulb) but I am not sure if it included dismantling the dashboard.

Again, many thanks from a female whose first response is normally to run to my dad. I feel really chuffed that I did it myself.
Currently in rabbit12's garage:
2004 Renault Megane Scenic 1.4 16V
The Following User Says Thank You to rabbit12 For This Useful Post:
bsc201 (7th October 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome