Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 23rd December 2014
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Can you send me a link to that relay. I have just removed my unit in anticipation of the ebay unit arriving with the advice from yourself it wasn't too bad. I did notice one of the springs that help the cable return on the caliper was missing on the passenger side. I shall be sourcing one to replace it. I did also open my unit and the relay was intact with no bubble on top as cited previously. I did desolder the motor from the pcb and gave it 12v 14a and it span ok. Then I knocked the motor on the floor and loads of black dust exited the motor. I continued until all was gonem I gave it more power and the motor span incredibly fast and with more torque. I also noticed the dashboard error messages had disappeared and was replaced with a service indicator. I will update once replacement unit comes. also I did notice I have bought one with different code numbers. Will this have an effect?
Currently in greavey's garage:
2004 16v 1.6 scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome