Well today i decided to go out and start building the 19's Normally aspiriated engine, I've got alot to do!
I have already stripped down the engine, discovered what went wrong with it originally!
Today, I rehoned the bores, and checked the diameter of all of them. Rehoning is basically making a cross hatch patern, as this will prevent a suction caused by
between the piston and the bore,this will make it rev freely.
Not very clear, but you can make out the crosshatching scores.
I also started measuring up the pistons, to see which ones fit the bores best:
I still have 10 more pistons from other F7P engines to measure!
I cleaned up the block-to-head surface
you can see the crosshatching in the furthest bores.
I then started weighing up the componants.
I have only managed to get round to weighing 2 pistons.rods etc:
(weight on its own/weight with pin)
(on its own/with big end cap)
Big end caps
Combined weight (Piston,Con-rod with bolts and caps,Pin,2 Circlips)
Big end weight with caps, no bolts
Small end weight
There is alot of improvement to be done, this here is for lightening and balencing, what i am doing is Static balencing as i dont have the equipment for dynamic balencing.
I will also be machining the big ends, as the lower weight of the moving componant, the more freely it will rev, down the sides of the rod also allows roughly 1g to be taken off and they are very poorly finished.