Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic parking brake wont disengage.

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 26th December 2014 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Electronic parking brake wont disengage.

Yes, I did that on my Mk2 Scenic, apparrently there is a sequence to be followed just to change a battery. 20/20 hindsight

Sorry to contradict DD, It will not go away unaided, although one post suggested that flattening the battery & a jump start cured his. Another poster found that unplugging the APB module for a few minutes worked, here is how I did it :-

I sorted mine for the princely sum of 7.95 for a USB Cable KKL 409.1 OBD2 OBD OBDII VAG 409 (VAG BTW is Volkswagen Audi Group, but who cares, it connects, whereas my ELM 327 didn't), Plus a lot of research on't net.
Thanks too are due to the Russian Club-Renault, Les Amis du Diag, Google translate & my French teacher.
A download of DDT2000 (146 meg. 1 gig offering not required, unless you want all the .pdf service manuals) was installed (Works on Win 7, Vista & XP but NOT with IE 10, I had to remove same & install I.E.9), Les Amis had produced a dummies manual (in French of course)
The translated version, Which I am happy to send to anyone who requests (too large to attach due to the pictures 1.3 Meg) by PM.
It gives dire warnings about how powerful this Software is, Please do not play with it whilst connected to your vehicle unless you have read the tutorial. A lot of time spent, but IMHO more satisfying than shelling out much gold to the dealer, for 15 minutes on his diagnostic kit.
I hope members / guests find this useful. For the moment I am a happy bunny.

I assume it was this thread? could you send me the tutorial you translated.please

Currently in greavey's garage:
2004 16v 1.6 scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome