Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hissing/sizzling or trickle sound when making right-hand turns

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Hissing/sizzling or trickle sound when making right-hand turns

Yup, scuttle drains it was.. both were clogged with gunk and nice deep puddles sitting in both recesses..

Had to use a ball joint removal tool to get the wiper arms off but everything else was nice and easy as per the examples on other Renaults on the forum here..

Just had a flick around town taking my right hand turns with plenty of gusto for a change and not a sound so definitely the cause of the noise.

Thanks for the responses..

On another note, I can't get over the lack of care put into this car from the people who handled it before me.. Every time i go to fix a job I am finding broken clips or random big pieces of plastic lying loose underneath fixtures etc.. So many botch jobs done from people who never even bothered to google first or ask a fookin question on a forum or look in the friggin haynes manual beforehand..

Bit disappointing.. I try to take pride in my name but it seems not everyone does..
Currently in MrDamon's garage:
2004 Renault Laguna II 1.8
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome