Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

got a wee window of opportunity today so pulled the unit off again and stripped it down properly. First thing, unsoldered the motor and tested it and it worked fine (good news!) then took out the circuit board and set about removing the blue relay. After a bit of a struggle i got it off and the new one soldered back on but with my ham fisted soldering skills i wasn't not at all confident that it would ever work again.

Anyway, unit bolted back on the car and the slider/splitter bit cleaned up and greased. Battery reconnected and put the ignition on and it wasnt looking good as all the all too familiar lights and warning messages were still there. Tried the reset procedure and still got the messages BUT when i tried the handbrake it worked!!!

So, the handbrake is working perfectly again but i just need to get the error code cleared - any chance i could get a copy of that wee guide you had Tim so that i can try the free software option you mentioned on a previous thread? I've already got the right lead from playing about with alfas
Currently in niallmoran's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 VVT 2002 2004 Scenic 1.9 DCi Alfa Romeo 156
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome