Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric interference?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Hi Andrew, when I worked as a Customer Services Manager within Ford UK, there was an issue with Explorers unlocking themselves if they were parked near mobile masts, Police Stations and supermarkets - all areas with concentrated radio/electrical activity.

It is very un-nerving just the same, as your confidence in the car is adversely affected.

What I would suggest is to keep a log of when this occurs, and build-up a history of the frequency (i.e. every time you pass by, or only at certain times, etc). Then, I would change my route, and not go near that junction at all - see if the occurence alters or ceases entirely. What you are doing, is problem-solving at its most basic - treat the junction as a constant, and everything else (the car, driving conditions, time of the day/week) as a variable. Hopefully, the car should not display this rogue behaviour when its away from this junction - so you can rule out any faults with the car. If its just as bad, then something is untoward with the car (but at least you have an ability to replicate the fault with the dealer).

Also, if you have built-up a pattern, you can contact your council, who can monitor for the useage of equipment that is causing this behaviour.

Hope that helps.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome