Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water leak in footwell

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 1st January 2015
Lauren Henry
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Water leak in footwell

Originally Posted by Matt586 View Post
Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yh it's definitely the sill. I've removed all of the carpets to dry because they're all wet. and I can hear the water, as I drive, sloshing up and down the car and then overflow into the driver's footwell through a hole on the inside of the sill.

I've removed some of the rear trimming and managed to unblock, what I'm hoping is, a drain hole and the water gushed out, but I'm not sure if there'll be a front drain hole as well? And if there is I'm not sure how to get to it
Does anybody have any pictures where these drain holes are along the sills.

The 2004 Clio we just brought was soaking wet both side, front and rear footwells. I took the carpets out to dry (don't want to do that again) I removed the scuttle panel to check and clean behind there. I found the centre drain hose clogged but nothing obvious in the bay where the blower etc lives. I was hoping to find a pool of water.

Should there be drain pipes/tubes on both sides as well. Passenger side is obscured by washer bottle.

I did find the drivers side splash/wheel arch liner missing along with a bung or drain hose missing in the scuttle bay directly above it. I could look through the hole and see the ground below.

I suppose the only way to know if I have cured the leak by unblocking the centre drain hose is to see if it fills up again.

any thoughts or pictures gratefully received folks
Currently in Lauren Henry's garage:
2004 Clio 2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome