Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

well after a bit more fiddling with another older version of DDT that i found and some trial and error with things in DDT the warning light is finally off!

Initially i tried the megane & scenic option in the vehicle selection but changed that to megane ii and it seemed to speak to the apb ecu and delete the 5 codes that were stored and everything seems back to normal.

So a massive thanks to everybody that helped, although i'm still a bit annoyed at the garage that (i suspect) caused all this but i now no longer fear the renault automatic parking brake system :lol:

The end result is getting the old kiddy wagon back on the road for around 12 quid (not including what i spent in maplin on soldering bits and bobs!) which is a lot more palatable this time of year than the 500+ quid we were looking at a couple of weeks ago.

I'm keeping a close eye on the other thread about the motor/brush replacement as i suspect that might come up if i take on the repairs to my sisters scenic, although since that has an evil tractor engine (its a 1.9dci) that has a whole other level of unknown/scary stuff on it!

Currently in niallmoran's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 VVT 2002 2004 Scenic 1.9 DCi Alfa Romeo 156
The Following User Says Thank You to niallmoran For This Useful Post:
Nottnoc (2nd January 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome