Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Automatic wipers

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by montybaber View Post
I think the auto wipers arent much good so I just use them manually but I find the lights great and as above the handbreak is awesome (even though every road test ends up with it being slated
Can anyone advise how to set the wipers to manual on a Scenic II? On my wife's 04, they've stopped working entirely after I took down the sensor to see could I figure anything out. I had a look in the manual but couldn't see any mention of how to switch to manual intermittent mode.

Slightly OT, my '92 Saab 900 has a 0.5 - 15 second intermittent wipe. Switch to intermittent, switch off, wait til you need another wipe, switch to intermittent again and the interval is set.

What would be good with the rain sensor setup would be if the program takes input from the pull-for-single-wipe action. It could use that to adjust the sensor for what the driver wants. Wouldn't that be nice?...

I have to say I'm a bit wary of the electric handbrake. It won't engage unless the car is almost stopped. No emergency brake action there. No handbrake turns either!...
Currently in ars3's garage:
'92 Saab 900 turbo and his wife drives a 04 Scenic 1.6 manual
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome