Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Automatic wipers

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by ars3 View Post
Can anyone advise how to set the wipers to manual on a Scenic II? On my wife's 04, they've stopped working entirely after I took down the sensor to see could I figure anything out. I had a look in the manual but couldn't see any mention of how to switch to manual intermittent mode.
I had murder with mine on the last car after having the windscreen replaced. The dealer had to replace the sensor, so I suspect they're a bit fragile when it comes to being messed around with.
Slightly OT, my '92 Saab 900 has a 0.5 - 15 second intermittent wipe. Switch to intermittent, switch off, wait til you need another wipe, switch to intermittent again and the interval is set.
Now that sounds like a good idea. Though I suppose each and every manufacturer must have the odd decent brainwave every now and again. In fairness, Renault have had a few... just not when it comes to the auto wipers.
I have to say I'm a bit wary of the electric handbrake. It won't engage unless the car is almost stopped. No emergency brake action there. No handbrake turns either!...
Try pulling on the handle and holding it out. You should be able to get the parking brake to engage at any speed. Still not sure how much use it'd be for handbrake turns, as you don't have the progressive control that you do with a conventional mechanical handbrake.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome