I've finally finished the cambelt and waterpump change. This is not a straightforward job by any means, even slipping the new belt on became a finger slashing exercise. http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/images/icons/icon9.gif
The crank locating pin ended up at 68.9mm in the end, based on what i had before i started stripping down.
The waterpump cant be removed until the covering plastic moulding is removed, that in itself is a nightmare, i ended up snapping mine and had to effect a repair.
I was constantly jacking the engine up and down trying to get a little more room. The only saving grace was that the crank was keyed, although not that well, only the smallest adjustment to the cam sprocket was required.
New cambelt, tensioner, waterpump, antifreeze and
change, £150 for parts and 13 hours of the most frustrating time of my life. The job is done and the car is sweet.
Ours is the 103BHP 1.5 dci, far to powerful for such a small car, but my wife liked the colour http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/images/icons/icon11.gif
As for working on it, character building http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/images/icons/icon12.gif