Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

Hi Lexi

You're probably best starting a new thread as the scenic 3 APB system is totally different to the scenic 2 system that we've been battling....fingers crossed you get an easy solution!

Originally Posted by Leximaisy View Post
Thanks guys i have read your notes with great interest but i have a different problem but also caused by a good garage fitting new pads all round about a month ago fine till now,scenic is 11 plate 1.5 dci 63,500 mls. the auto brake refuses to release in auto and manual process shows flashing red stripe on switch, the main difference is that this model does not cables or central box, it has an electronic unit on each caliper, suspect that the garage wound back the calipers manually instead of using a computer and either damaged a wire or a caliper.If i park the car, when i return the auto release, might work might not,(intermitant) then i have walk away to let it reset, then try again and again and again took six tries today.back to the garage on monday to check caliper damage etc, or does anyone have any better ideas, and a happy new year.
Currently in niallmoran's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 VVT 2002 2004 Scenic 1.9 DCi Alfa Romeo 156
The Following User Says Thank You to niallmoran For This Useful Post:
Leximaisy (10th January 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome