Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealer And Garage Recommendations

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2006
Sans Prix
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Sans Prix
Originally Posted by oafcmarky
I would like to recommend
M3 7FT
0161 252 0000

I have a 2002 laguna tourer 2.2 dci which kept going into limp mode on the motorway or with high revs and having been to my local dealer 3 times, yes 3 times and saying they cannot fix it.
Renault manchester came up trumps firstly they found the fault right away , which incidentley was a faulty EGR valve but to my suprise on picking the car up, they had not only washed it but gave it a mini valet and it smells like brand new inside. hows that for service. it didn't even cost me a penny luckily i have an extended warranty.
I shall be accused of being a prophet of doom but you need to ask yourself why the EGR valve was faulty! In the majority of cases with 2.2dCis it has become gummed up due to oil passing through the turbo seals and then being burnt. The exhaust gases once condensed leave a residue in the EGR valve that causes it to stick.

As such I advise you to keep your ears and eyes open - ears for the sound of a whistling turbo and eyes for smoke. If the engine develops a flat spot or any hesitation get on to your dealer immediately and say that you are concerned about the turbo .

It's better to be safe than sorry !
Currently in Sans Prix's garage:
2003 Mégane ll 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome