Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #111 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by AlanJD View Post
From my haynes manual it looks as though the fuse which holds the clock and radio data when the ignition is off is the one which powers the mirror motors (on older cars - later ones need the ignition to be switched on so presumably a different fuse is used)

I've tried to find the mirror fuse in my x plate scenic to no avail - didn't want to start pulling fuses randomly as I cannot remember where I put the radio code!!

Alan JD - There is a 15A fuse which appears to be for the radio/cigar lighter/instrument illum and clock - is this the one you are talking about

I'd love to get my hands on the proper schematics as well - i'm also an Electrical engineer.

Les - your problem is not related to this issue, but I had the exact same problem just after I bought my Scenic. This was a problem with the window regulator - done under warranty by renault and as the new controller can only be reprogrammed by Renault.
Currently in sporty's garage:
X reg Scenic 2.0 Sport Alize and a Vauxhall Astra LS

Last edited by sporty; 4th July 2007 at 08:44 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome