Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Phase 2 Information.

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Renault Megane 1 - Phase 2 Information.

I have a 2000 phase 2 1.4 coupe sport and over all i am fairly impressed with it, loads of toys (even the back windows are electric), it has suffered the usual slight misfire (changed the plugs first ... bosch super 4's (big improvement in power) that did not cure it so i got 4 new aftermarket coil packs off ebay (22.50 free p+p) ... the thing now goes like sh** off a shovel
its got a couple of issues at the moment, its making a horrible noise when accelerating which, going by the usual megane issues, I am hoping is drivers side driveshaft (found brand new 1 28 delivered 3 year unlimited mileage warranty, again ebay ) and that is being fitted today along with the dreaded mot, 1 thing I have noticed, the rear anti sway bar had rusted away to basically nothing (how the heck did that get through mot?) but 20 and 2 bolts later thats changed, you may of noticed I get parts off ebay , reason is when I had to replace the coil packs euro car parts wanted 15 each when all 4 were 22.50 on there and everything else has proved alot cheaper

On the audio side of the car, the rear speakers are pants, a friend of mine took an angle grinder to the rear shelf and fitted my kenwood 6x9's, now you can actually hear it over road noise, the bad part? i fitted my ripspeed flip screen dvd and just blew 1 of my front speakers (oops) but as they are components I intend to fit upgraded woofer units which will cost me just shy of 20 and rated at 200w max power each

1 question to other megane owners though, is it common for the lacquer to peel? mine suffering in a few places
Currently in chris1502's garage:
megane sport 1.4 16v - KILLED WHILST PARKED :( replaced with 2001 megane cab 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome