Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Worn Rear Suspension Bushes

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2006
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
I guess these rear suspension mounts are a problem??.I failed a Laguna 2(51 plate 1.8 Dynamique 73000miles)on MOT today for this very problem.The rubber section of the bush was debonded from the metal outer and allowed the axle to move an alarming amount!.It also failed on front lower joints.I have never seen joints worn as badly as these were,there was a massive amount of movement in them.Together with 3 17" tyres(even budget tyres seemed ridiculusly expensive) and some other bits the customers wallet is going to be a lot lighter!.For a car that is only 4 years old I was shocked.I think I'll keep my trusty old Mk1 Laguna!!

P.S.If you need front joints then get genuine wishbones(you can't get the joints separately!!??).These were half the price we were quoted for some aftermarket wishbones,and guess what,our Renault dealer had loads in stock!(another common fault??).
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo

Last edited by Laguna II Owner; 10th January 2006 at 08:00 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome