Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio DCi - General - VED questions

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Hi Yakker - if you and the garage have signed a written contract and money has changed hands then it's most likely the agreement is legally binding. Either they don't want to sell because they've underpriced it or the cost of repairs would make it unprofitable. In that case it sounds like something serious and expensive. Judging by their performance to date I doubt if you are likely to get a good warranty service. Yes you could seek legal advice and force the issue but in my opinion I would walk away after insisting you are recompensed for any losses you may have incurred. Legally you are entitled for losses by the party who breaks the contract. If you broke the contract they would have the right to retain your deposit. Honestly if it were me I would get my money back and run. My personle thought - Hm! Hm! waht is wrong with the car.
Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)

In this situation you may wish to contact the Citizens Advice Beaureau or the consumers advice dept., of your local counsel.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l

Last edited by madnoel10; 5th July 2007 at 04:01 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome