Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #114 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2007
fireball scenic
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Anthony - Perhaps you're right about there being dust / grease that is providing an electrical path?? I've asked Renault to explain this fully to me!

The feed wire that is permanently live is the red one, apparently Renault have used that colour coding system for years, it's the same coding throughout the vehicle.

To get the switch out is relatively easy, take a flat bladed screwdriver around 3-4mm wide, insert under the rim of the switch, directly under where the 0 mark on the switch is for the off position and lever gently (It might resist a bit but will pop out with a little encouragement). Pull the ISO plug by levering the retaining clip slightly and check all of the contacts very carefully.

I'm not even sure a fuse will protect the connector from melting because arcing issues do not produce short-circuit currents but an appropriately sized local fuse & holder would probably be better than the large one in the fuse panel.
Currently in fireball scenic's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic II DCi130 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome