Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 1997 Alternator Replacement advices

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic 1997 Alternator Replacement advices

Hello Everyone!

Need help to fix this before the weekend. My Renault Scenic 1997 has devoloped a smoking habit, last night when driving home from my work it started to smell like burned oil in the car. Didnt think much about this but this morning when driving to work smoke started to appear from the hood. I quickly stoped and checked what was going on under the hood and the alternator had started smoking. I bought a new alternator this day and when i got home i dug in trying to replace the alternator. This was harder than i thought it would be. How do i release the belt that is driving the alternator.

I found an old post whit the same subject but the pictures describing how the replacement works had been removed.

Im going away to meet up whit a girl i recently meet this weekend so i desperatly need help whit the replacement.
Currently in tholun's garage:
1997 Renault Scenic
  5 Lastest Threads by tholun
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 1997 Alternator Replacement advices Electronics chris m 9 1987 5th July 2007 07:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome