Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - electronic handbrake wont disengage

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2015
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: electronic handbrake wont disengage

Originally Posted by said29 View Post
can someone help please I have Renault espace 03 MK4 and electronic handbrake keeps playing up, it showing service and triangle P on the dash and the break light keeps flashing as well as the light on the handbrake switch. sometimes the handbrake will go in but will not come off until I use the emergence release and sometime it doesn't go in at all I had someone from RAC who did diagnostic and it came up with handbrake motor fault I changed the motor but I keep getting the same problem. I took to the garage for another diagnostic and today it came up with a clutch position switch which is something I believe my car wont have as it is semi automatic 5 speed
If you car is one of the robot type changers, you still have a clutch......and an actuator. Check the multiplugs on the gearbox by disconnecting and cleaning.....with ign off. If no luck search where the actual clutch switch is and check/renew. Also check brake light function and switch on brake pedal, as this send signals to ECU .

Edit: Just noticed that you have Espace. No Robot box but a proper auto. Not a "semiauto" . You just have Tiptronic function? If this is case then brake switch function is crucial. The clutch fault logged may be on the auto box itself or its hardware. Check that multiplug on gearbox top. You will have a DPO auto box or the Aisin that I have on Vel Satis. I mistakenly thought you had a Scenic
Currently in ESL57's garage:
Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale 2003 Honda Jazz 1.4 i shift 2010
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome