Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #354 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Right, loads of good advice here, followed it to access my loom, burnt out as most have. Replaced the connector with the upgraded loom and now I'm stuck!

I have a new resistor pack to put it but it also has a long set of wires (red/black) that end in a plug. It obviously plugs in somewhere but the existing wires vanish into the back of the dash and I cannot see where they go.

Some here have cut the source wires to the pack & connected the new pack to that, I would like to avoid that if I can.

The existing resistor has less connections than the new one (the new connector spreads it load over two pins not one) so I do not want to plug the new connector onto the old pack (even if it is working) I would rather replace the pack correctly.

If it a dash out job to connect the pack? Do you advocate cutting off the supplied connector & splicing the new wires to the old supply cables?
Currently in bskinner3's garage:
2004 Renault Grans Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome