Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ecu/obd

Thread: Ecu/obd
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello. Many thanks for the replies and ideas. Sorry if I am causing confusion. I realise that I may not have explained myself very well. Part of my Job ( Test and calibration of electronic equipment ) requires me to access CPUs and enables me to "talk" to the unit. I thought there could be software that would enable me to "talk" to the software of the car ( 03 plate Clio 1.2 16V ). The main reason for wanting to do what I want to do is if in the future a problem arises by using software I can find out what and where the problem is. It would seem that what I am looking for is difficult to obtain. The manufactures software must be able to do what I want but it would not be available to none dealers. Maybe I should look for some software that I can load into a Laptop to enable me to get fault codes. I know that there are things/units that can be obtained that show fault codes but as I have a Laptop all I need is the software. One of the problems is there would be no point in spending loads of money for what could be something that is only used very rarely. As can be noted my knowledge of Car ECUs is very limited but my knowledge of CPUs and software is good.

Many thanks, Don Kennedy ( Plymouth. Devon )
Currently in Don2138's garage:
2011 Clio iMusic 1.2 & 2003 Clio 1.2 Expession
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome