Honorary Yorkshireman just in Derbyshire
Join Date: Dec 2008
Nominated 19 Times in 15 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,292 Posts
Re: Fitting a door
Done this recently:-
1) Get one same colour if you can. AND the same attributes (power windows, window blinds, proximity locks, etc).
2) Make sure it is complete, or be prepared to re-populate from your door. Not an easy job.
3) Get an old beer crate & an old towel to rest the door on before offering it to the hole.
4) Make sure the window is out or wound down, gives you summat to grab hold of.
5) Open damaged door, or the next one, to get access to the plug, release same. Then SHUT it.
6) Unbolt damaged door hinges from body, then open it. An assistant is useful here.
7) Put new door in hole & latch
8) Insert bolts lossely, in case it needs alignment.
9) Plug in, & reset electric windows if you have them.
You are only young once, but you can be immature forever
Give a n00b the answer he will be learn for a day; show him the search button, he will learn for life.
Currently in Nottnoc's garage:
2008 Scenic Mk2 Dynamique 1.6 K4M 782. 1998 BMW K1100LTSE, 1994 MotoGuzzi Caifornia 3 LAPD, 1972 Norton Commando, 2010 Trafic SL29 M9R782 115, Lots of tools, Camping Gear & Booze