Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #172 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Hi c180 - yeh very few modern cars can take any off-road use - driving through standing water is a bit like using a power hose. Apart from getting it reset by Renault it may be worth trying a scrappy for one. I know of a digger driver who used to power hose his JCB until he realised he was damaging the hydraulic rams - cost a fortune to fix and lost much work through the process - even they are not designed for that sort of abuse. He now uses a 2" hose at low pressure from a hydrant and he now of the opinion it is much quicker as it's the volume that shifts the muck not just pressure. Personally I have never used a power hose or mechanical car wash on my car as they can generate much more pressure than the car was made to withstand and with so many electronic items on cars it ain't worth the risk. Some years ago a mate of mine poerhosed under the bonet of his Fiat and ended up with a bill for 1200.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome