Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1993 Safrane 2.0 starting probs

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation 1993 Safrane 2.0 starting probs

If anyone has come across the following, could you post a reply plz, before car gets scrapped, which will be a real waste.

Car was driven yesterday no problems at all, then today went out to it, and it refused to turn over.

The dash lights flicker in time with the fuel ECU buzzing... also the rear fuel pump...... there also appears to be a noise coming from the injector rail. You turn the key as if to start and there is nothing there, no starter kicking in at all, all except the noises I have mentioned above.
The starter motor was replaced a few weeks ago, so cannot be that, no wires are loose on Starter either, all the usual wiring blocks have been checked for corrosion and sprayed to make sure of a connection.
When the starter did pack in recently, the lights all worked fine on dash, and went out when key turned to start etc. This time is different, they are flickering..and staying lit in tandem with Fuel ECU buzzing... this is what I find odd??

Thanks in advance, open to suggestions, think we have tried almost everything, apart from a fuel ecu change... which will cost more than value of car i suspect.
Currently in Devilster's garage:
Espace 2.0 RT 1994
  5 Lastest Threads by Devilster
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2.0 1994 Model, Front Clunking Issue Steering and Suspension Devilster 3 987 2nd November 2007 12:50 PM
1993 Safrane 2.0 starting probs Other models Devilster 2 4185 6th July 2007 08:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome