Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag1 rotating door barrels

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Dave - I really like this idea - and it might be the road I go down (if I can get into the so**ing car!!!! lol)

Just as an aside - maybe ought to be in electrics thread I dont know - but - I disconnected battery for about 3 hours, reconnected and guess what - nothing!
and here's the weird thing - when I got in the car and held the key to within about 9 inches of the sensor - CENTRAL LOCKING WORKED!!! - 10 inches - nothing!

Now - I have 2 keys - one has old batteries, one brand spanking new. Both work at 9 inches but not at 10 inches (unfortunately too short a range to work from outside the car (pig!)

Having proved the plips work, having proved the sensor senses and the central locking works - I have located a second hand sensor from the same model as mine - I am going to buy and try that - I recall reading somewhere that the sensor really just amplifies the signal to the injection computer -

FIngers crossed!!!!

oh one other thing - after reconnecting the battery - should I not have had to disable the immobiliser again - cos I didn't have to?????
Currently in Fiddler's garage:
2005 Megane II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome