Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Initiale 2 dead - battery perfect

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Laguna 2 Initiale dead - battery perfect

11.1.06: Yet another update in the ongoing saga of the electrical problems my poor old car is suffering.
Following the dealers efforts to resolve the problems at considerable cost to them, the car continued to display the interior lights and eventually run down the battery. I decided to contact an auto electrician. He came to my home and after hearing the sorry tale he decided to go back to the original electrical problem i.e. the drivers seat, to see if that had been repaired OK.

To my horror he found the wiring loom entangled in the electric motor and several of the wires almost worn through by chafing. He repaired the wires and placed them in a protective sheath to prevent the same occurring again. To date I have not seen the lights on in the car at night when it should have been locked, secure and fast asleep.

As a precaution he checked all the other wiring and found two small nicks in the drivers door wiring loom. He also repaired those.

Time taken 4 hours on a freezing cold day on my driveway. Cost: 80.

The upside of this tale is that Renault have replaced all the electric gizmo controllers, at their expense for more up to date ones.

Moral of this story is that renault dealers should also employ mechanics of the old school not just hi- tech technicians and fitters.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome