Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Tar!!!!

Thread: Tar!!!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Went to wash the car this morning and found that the entire drivers side of my Lag II is coverered in Tar

I don't think a professional sprayer would have covered as much of the car if I asked him to spray it Black

I know when it happened after driving through so roadworks the other day and the very considerate work force were simply allowing a Blancket of tar filled smoke to drift across 6 lanes of motorway!! Firstly you couldn't see 10meters in front of you but now I discover they were re-painting my car for me too!!

I hate the roads department at the best of times for their apparent lack of consideration but now detest them

Anyway I had 'Gunk' Bug and Tar remover which was fantastic before for removing bugs and general road tar from the obvious areas of the car like thr front bumper and windscreen for bugs and around the wheel arches for tar.

But it don't work at all on my car now! Hammer and chisel is my next option I think!

Anyone any experience of anything else?

I was thinking of booking my car into one of these 100 cleaning firms. They get the car back to new look on the outside and inside. Steam clean the interior and also the engine. The one near me also does the A/C to get rid of any nasty smells.

I've seen the results on cars and it's fantastic! Gets rid of years of dirt in places you just can't manage with your hose, bucket and sponge

Anyway do you think these guys would get it all off or have the same problem as me?

I was so looking forward to washing the car this week and getting it polished etc after 6 ruined weekends with the weather but now I am on a downer No matter how hard I work it just looks 'orrible

HELP lol!!
Currently in Ne1l's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 1.9Dci
  5 Lastest Threads by Ne1l
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna - 1.9DCi Oil Grade Engines coggsy 6 15111 26th January 2008 03:08 PM
Laguna - Oil Leak Engines Nikko1 15 8529 26th January 2008 03:00 PM
Front Bumper Re-spray Bodywork stef123 1 1492 20th January 2008 02:40 PM
Single DIN to Double DIN Interiors Horatio 3 2949 9th January 2008 08:07 PM
Recommend me some bulbs Electronics jack daniels 10 2230 28th December 2007 03:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome