Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Well thanks Noel i owe you a pint! ( its in the post). Finally cleaned my EGR . i didnt have any carb cleaner so used the brake cleaner i had instead. The valve came out after one tap with the punch and was not quite as dirty as i was expecting! Cleaned it up and then thought i would clean the two holes in the manifold above where the vale sits. they were about the diameter of a pen so imagine my supruise when i cleaned the carbon away and realised they were big enough to get two fingers in. never seen such a build up. Anyway took it for a quick spin and no hesitation between 1-2k revs (fingers crossed) Wether it was my imagination but seemed smother through the gears aswell! very pleased. Im now going to by some carb cleaner and do it again properly in a few months. want to try and find a wire brush the same size as a toothbrush aswell. any way thanks again .

Cornwall the place to be!
Currently in eggsy's garage:
02 laguna 1.9 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome