Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Starting And Door Lock Problems

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2007
Ian Harpham
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Islander,
Just read your post as I have similar problems with my 1999 T reg Scenic 1.6 RT Alize.
I had similar starting problems to you and have just had it in the garage a week ago. They changed the battery as he said it was knackered. Apparently if the voltage falls below a certain level the engine will turn over but will not start. as I said its only last week but seems to be fine now.

As for the door lock my offside rear door is also permanently locked. It will not open either from inside or outside. The central locking solenoid seems to be working in that it clicks and moves but the button on the door near the window glass does not come up as high as the button on the nearside door. I too have stripped down the inside panel but I didn't find any bits in the bottom of the door. I have also removed the exterior door handle but you can't get at the lock for all the plastic casing around it. The trouble is you need the door open in order to remove the lock but how do you get the door open in the first place?????

Let me know PDQ if you have a solution to this mystery. Has anybody else got any ideas?
Currently in Ian Harpham's garage:
1999 Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 Rt Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome