Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 - Electronics - Auto Lights and Pinout for Iso connectors

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Unfortunately, I've lost the installation instructions for the permanent docking kit, so I'm not sure which wire is supposed to go where. I'm pretty sure there are two power wires (excluding ground) - one for permanent live, and the other ignition switched (that supposedy turns the unit on and off with the engine.) It looks like this one must be connected to the instrument dimming wire, so I may just have done with it, hook them both up to permanent live and hope it doesn't drain the battery (my Nokia handsfree kit never did when wired like this.)

The problem up to now has been testing it. The only opportunities I've had have been when the car has decided that the lights need to be on and so everything works perfectly. I suppose I could try shining a torch on the daylight sensor.

I'm a bit narked that the glove box lining and amp are going to have to come out again. It's not difficult, but it is fairly time-consuming. If I don't get it right this time round, I'll probably take the kit out, flog it on fleabay and just buy the mount that works with the remote antenna.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome