Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Check Parking Brake Warning simple repair if you are lucky

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Check Parking Brake Warning simple repair if you are lucky

Hi all if you get the dreaded check parking brake message do not despair as it may be nothing to do with the epb module other than a corrupt signal.
This is the story of my experience with a laguna 3 that I bought 4 weeks ago (I had driven Renaults for over 20 years with little in the way of problems, touch wood) any way after a couple of years driving something else I returned to a Laguna 3 1.5 dynamique that I purchased from my local Arnold Clark Toyota outlet, after having the car for less than a day the check parking brake warning appeared so straight back to the garage who plugged into the obd with a generic code reader and reset the codes, all ok until I had been back on the road for ten mins then back came the warning message so straight back to the garage to be told it would need to go to the group Renault franchise to be diagnosed with Renault clip.
The following week of it went only to come back with the message that they could find no error codes and suspected a wiring fault and would need the car for a few days (as this was just before xmas it was arranged for 5 Jan) car went back to them as arranged and after 3 days it was returned saying they had cleared the error codes !! and checked the circuits. 10 mins driving and the warning came back on so once again straight back to the garage that it was bought from who said it would need to go back to Renault again, took car in to go back only to be told that Renault had refused to take it at short notice and that the Toyota outlet would look at it as they had some new diagnostic equipment, I spoke to the tech who was going to look at it and gave him a run down on what had been happening and advised him that the common theme in the error codes was clutch position sensor ( I knew this because I always asked what codes had been logged) I pointed out that the epb module requires an input from this sensor, left car and received a call later to say sensor had been cleaned and tensioned and all was ok, collected car and 10 mins later the message returned (straight back to garage and the same error code was present) new sensor switch ordered and fitted the next day and hey presto problem resolved so if you get the check parking brake message but it seems to operate ok get the clutch position sensor on the clutch pedal checked it may save you hundreds of pounds
Currently in lagunaontheblink's garage:
2007 Laguna 1.5 dci dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by lagunaontheblink
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 3 clutch pedal switches Electronics lagunaontheblink 3 967 2nd March 2015 02:32 AM
Check Parking Brake Warning simple repair if you... Brakes/Hubs lagunaontheblink 0 620 19th January 2015 06:02 PM
Check parking brake message pos simple fix Brakes/Hubs vinnyirl 3 1235 19th January 2015 03:38 PM
toxic fumes warning light Electronics lagunaontheblink 5 1798 7th August 2009 11:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome