Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 51 Laguna IDE Computer Problem??

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10th July 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Ok , here is an update for anyone with a Laguna II IDE (2.0 petrol) that gets the fuel injection fault when in slow moving traffic. I've had this problem on and off for a few months and recently its got a lot worse , so I've just bought a replacement fuel pressure sensor/ regulator unit. For my 2002 car the part no is 7700113483 and cost me 170 with the VAT. Its a simple job to fit taking about 20 mins tops. I've run the car at idle for over an hour with no reoccurence of the fault (before the fault would occur after about 20 mins). Interestingly the new unit has the port in a slightly different position to the removed unit. A set of torx allen keys and a small flat screwdriver to remove the electrical plug and you are in business. There is also very little fuel loss , paper towel stuffed around the sensor is enough to take up the loss. One word of advice ..leave the car to be completely cold before doing the job.. ie overnight. Hopefully this cures the problem. Pic attached of unit (normally hidden under engine cover just behind oil filler)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	3564  
Currently in mushroom's garage:
Renault Laguna 2.0 IDE MY 2002

Last edited by mushroom; 10th July 2007 at 07:24 PM. Reason: additions
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome