Join Date: Mar 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi there !! Know the feeling !! Bought a secondhand megane myself and am leaning fast where all the scrap dealers are ... Anyway enough of my prob's !!
1. Sound's like the door lock has come away from the inside... I have the same with my pasenger side !! Will be dealing with it tomorrow !!! Will keep you posted.
The button with the "Key" on it is the internal lock. If you can get in/out using passenger side ? Then you can press the central locking from the inside (to lock all the doors) and then get out the passenger side and manually lock it ( at least a little security until the other prob is fixed ). Even when the doors are locked from the inside you can still get out from the inside..... You need to try this and then check the doors from the outside to see if it had worked.
2. Mine does the same though not too excessive at the moment.
3. If this is an original stereo then you may need the code for it (did you get all the manuals with the car? ) could be in with the paperwork. Might be worth getting a new stereo you can pick them up pretty cheap and are easy to install. The speakers are pretty good when you get it going. Fuse box is as previous thread on the drivers side under the beam adjuster.
4. The display above the heater is for the radio ( right hand side, when working shows station ) The left side of the display is the clock and the external temperature. If this is dark (should be orange numbers) then the back lights are broken. You can access this by :
1. Removing the speaker covers on the top of the dash, these pop in/out. You will then see the speaker, plus 2 screws ( these are T20 type ) unscrew the one towards the centre of the dash ( the other is for the speaker). You then need to prise the dash towards you and up ( it will need a bit of work, the top of the dash will then come off).
2. You then need to remove 3 screws from the "Multifunction Display" as it is known. There will be about 3-4 connectors these can be pulled out for ease they only go in one way so putting them back should be OK.
3. The "bulbs" can be seen at the back of the MFD either black or blue plastic and square in shape, they are twist in/out. They cost about £1.20 from any renault dealer. After you have replace them you should have your display back !!
4. Put everything back in the reverse order. Easy..... Hmmm...
Will let you know about the free turning door lock tomorrow...... Good luck !!!!! Vroom vroom.......
Currently in KeithG's garage:
Last edited by KeithG; 30th March 2007 at 08:30 PM.