Apologies for not posting much since I joined. I thought I'd give a quick update on living with the Modus.
Well, it's now around 3 and a half years old and we've not had any real problems or issues at all - it's been brilliantly reliable and excellently durable. We used the panoramic sunroof all throughout the summer and have enjoyed how it lightens and brightens the cabin, both front and back.
Here have been the best bits so far:
- it does everything you could ask of it!
- it keeps growing on me more! I like it in the Flame Red colour we chose and I think it suits it well.
- very high and very proud, bears a resemblance to the command-post position of the Discovery.
- very low!
- don't see many around and it certainly stands out from the crowd and is very different!
- fortunately havn't put this to the test but the thick doors and slabby panels make you feel like you're in a small tank!
There is so much more I wont remember too!
On the negative side...
- the basic unit on our Expression car is fairly weak. There are no speakers in the back, which is a nuisance as there are often people travelling in the back. The buttons are also so small and fiddly to use!
It isn't particularly relaxed or settled on motorway jaunts.
Sometimes you begin to wish it had a few extra basic toys, such as electric windows in the back, the rear speakers, an alarm!
However, the good things far
outweigh the bad!
I've been practising this extreme form of car valeting recently and believe it's turned up some good results for the Modus!
I've done the inside too - it feels good as new! I've ordered some new Modus carpet mats to uplift the 'new' interior too.
These are pretty much our own fault!
1) The drivers window no longer goes down - I think we blew a fuse during the cold period.
2) The tyres are in dire need of replacing!
3) The rear wiper 'rubber' has worn off, rendering it useless at clearing the back window.
I wonder if anybody could advise me on the following technical quereies regarding our Modus.
I've been looking at the following MP3 connection cable on
Would this work with our Modus? (2004  1.4 Expression)
If so, is it easy/difficult to install? How would we go about it?
Secondly, is there any easy way of activating the rear speakers in the car?
Finally, can you buy clear side repeaters and front indicators for the Modus to give it the 'modern' appearance of the recently refreshed (but not the very recently facelifted) Modus? Where could I get these?
Thanks very much folks!