I'd just like to make my "Newbie" announcement as a proud owner of a 2000 Grand Espace 3.0 24v RXE. This site has so far proved invalauble in gaining knowledge of my new bus, as well as coming across horror stories that should have swayed my emotive purchase
I got the car as a good deal (£800)( I think
), and it runs like a dream, and I just wondered if i could post several questions to other similar vehicle owners :
1. For a "religious" reason the original purchaser opted out of the radio and cd changer pack. The car is wired up to a fairly decent JVC cd player, but am having difficulty getting radio reception even tho the aerial is all wired in properly. Also the unit is situated on its side by the handbrake, has anyone wired up a better in car entertainment, and used the steering controls for it?
2. The car has done 172K, please don't
! recent gearbox and exhaust change and full dealer SH stamped to 160K. What areas should I look out for and replace asap?
I can't ascertain cambelt change because local dealer got sold, however may be able to dig deeper, local french car specialist quoted 700 on cambelt change but may get this cheaper.
3. I think I have left sunroof blinds extended for a couple of weeks, and they seem stuck to go back, is there anyway of getting their spring back?
4. Does anyone know where to get a parcel tray from?
5. Can i just change battery in spare key and expect this to work?
Everything works perfect, aircon, cruise, all electrics. I knew fuel econ would be tight, but most of my travelling is paid for by work. (is there anyway of improving it!! - -longshot)
Thanks for reading, and many thanks in advance for any kind responses