Well.... I got it back this evening and here is the results...
1. Squealing brakes at low speed.
Brakes inspected, all surfaces checked, safety checked, no parts replaced.....they will get in contact with me sometime as they have had to ask Renault for permission to carry out any further work
2. Grinding brakes at high speed.
See 1 above
3. Noisy (farting) front wipers - 2nd visit.
Replaced one wiper blade (all I have to do now is wait for rain).
4. Fishy smell from aircon.
Ran a "de-odouriser" through the system (car now stinks of peaches instead of old wee now) ... no parts replaced. Surely that cant be the permenant fix?
5. Noise on startup - (Dephaser pulley?)
6. Rear seat belt recall.
Carried out the fix
7. Whining noise from engine (pulley related?)
Engine still dont sound right, but they reckoned it was the pulley.
8. Jerky/jolty gear change from auto box under hard acceleration (might be pushing it with this one as its only a 1.6 auto after all !!!)
The JOLT was due to the JERK behind the wheel. Its a 1.6auto not a 2.8V6 turbo
Soon" and spanner symbol up after only 11K miles (
They reset the service indicator. Now it says next service is in 18000 miles. WRONG... its due in September (2 years) or 6000 miles (18000 miles). Bit of a daft workaround in my humble opinion
SO....there you have it. No brickbats, but only a few miles of roadtest will prove the repairs, I guess. The car was washed outside and hoovered inside before I picked it up, so thumbs up for that.
ADMINS... please feel free to edit the post if you feel it violates forum rules as it isnt my intention to break them on poipoise