Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ripped off by a renault mechanic, advice please

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Ripped off by a renault mechanic, advice please

Hi guys, I called into my local renault dealer parts dept to buy a couple of batteries for my key fob as the led light was getting a bit dim. when I returned to the car the immobiliser wouldnt go off (this has happened before and I ended up buying a fuse box and injection unit and key from a scrap yard) any way I abandoned the car outside the parts dept and one of the mechanics who worked on my car previously checked it and said it was my key that was not working and id have to order one from france. he suggested he order it for me and i agreed and gave him £100. The key was duly ordered and was to come in 2 weeks. I checked it was ok to leave the car in the parts dept car park and was told it was ok.
The guy who ordered the key was the same guy who changed the fuse box etc so he knew all about the fact that it would need to be a key relating to the number within my 2nd hand key fob .

To cut a long story short he called me 2 weks later to say the wrong key had arrived from france. Another 2 weeks passed and i went in to see if the correct key had arrived to be told by this guy he was ¤¤¤¤ed off with the whole thing and wanted nothing more to do with the car. I asked for my money back and was told to ¤¤¤¤ off.

I went into the parts dept to find out what was happening and they told me a key had been ordered but if i wanted anymore info i would have to speak to the person who ordered it (ie the mechanic) I told the parts guy that he had already told me to ¤¤¤¤ off and his response was there was nothing he could do and suggested i speak to the guys boss.

I Asked to speak to the service manager but was told he was busy. I related the story to a service adviser and he told me that it was a private matter between the mechanic and me and nothing to do with the garage, since it was a 'homer' the mechanic was doing.

Then the service manager accosts me in the car park, swears at me and basically tells me to get lost, all this while a group of mechanics look on and laugh (one of them being the guy who ordered the key),

I emailed the MD of the garage complaining about my key being ordered and being told it has nothing to do with me and complaining about the attitude of the service manager.

Needless to say they emailed back that it was nothing to do with them.

I emailed renault UK only for them to pass it right back onto the local dealership who repeated that it was nothing to do with them..renault uk have told me it is nothing to do with them either.

My question is this...I know i paid a mechanic to order my key unofficially but a key was ordered to my vehicle and paid for prior to it being ordered, now I have neither the key nor my money and everyone says its nothing to do with them and to take it up with the mechanic (who has told me to ¤¤¤¤ off)

I am left seething that the dealership can order a key for my car then refuse point blank to either give me the key, refund the money paid for it or tell me where it is.

What should i do now???
Currently in blueboy's garage:
1998 renault scenic megane RT 1.6e
  5 Lastest Threads by blueboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Ripped off by a renault mechanic, advice please Cars & motoring DaveHemmerman 18 2857 11th July 2007 05:26 PM
1998 Scenic road handling when windy Cars & motoring Donald 8 1643 15th February 2007 09:18 PM
Renault Scenic - Water Ingress Causing Central... Electronics Lagdti 9 12945 2nd January 2007 10:12 AM
central locking/immobiliser problems on 1998... Electronics stanleyella 10 5917 1st January 2007 05:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome