Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - remote and emergency door lock

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11th July 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by clunk.stp View Post
With reference to the emergency key, it sounds like the mechanism is siezing up a bit, since some vehicles do have locks which will spin when a certain "force" is reached, this is to prevent the locks being "jimmyed" with a screwdriver etc.
Hi clunk, well it did not happen this morning at least so yesterday i gave it Good oil up and this morning no change the key was turning ok but nothing was happening so i checked it in my service books and stuff and there is not mention in it about doing anything other than putting in the emergency key and turning it as normal and this will only give you access through that door that being the passenger side on mine,so i guess there has to be some linkage are something like this that has came off making no connection to the handle mechanism so i will let you know how i get on at the weekend all the best Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 11th July 2007 at 07:30 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome