Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ripped off by a renault mechanic, advice please

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lagdti View Post
I'm guessing that you drove the car to the dealership,and then couldn't start it after the batteries were changed?.

Was the mechanic actually at work when he told you that he'd get another key?.If so,the dealership should be responsible as he was working for them at the time......

Can you start your car now?.

Yes i drove to the dealership to get the batteries then i had to abandon it as it was thursday at 5pm. I was going to dublin on business the next day and left a note on the windscreen advising the problem and that i would move the car asap. I retured on the fri and spoke to the mechanic about the car, thats when he came down from the workshop and 'checked the key' and advised me I would need to order a new one from france. He said he would obtain a staff discount if he ordered it and I agreed to 'split' the savings with him.

I then went up to the garage on the sat morning and gave him 100 cash. and yes at that point he was within working hours.

Also on the friday I asked him to check that it was ok for the car to remain there while the key was on order. He said the Parts MAnager was already aware the car was parked up in 'one of his bays' and it was ok to leave it there.

The car ended up being there for almost 5 weeks. After I had been told to get lost by the service manager I tried the car with the existing old key and it worked, so i drove it home, but cannot trust it not to fail again, so i need a new key.

I put it to renault uk about the dealership ordering a key from a 3rd party for my car without any proof of ownership and they didnt seem bothered by it.

cheers for the comments guys, sorry this is all so long winded.
Currently in blueboy's garage:
1998 renault scenic megane RT 1.6e
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome