Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Keyless entry advice appreciated

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by ns.thomson View Post
Sorry if this is an obvious question - is the key card definately out of range when you return. Also try activating the deadlock i.e. keep the lock button down for a few seconds. Also do you get the same symptons with the other card?

As suggested though might need to be sorted under warranty - but no harm trying these options
I'm not sure what the typical range of the keycards is! Some of the posts seem to indicate that you have to be virtually touching the car, others say that the card will work whilst the car is parked outside the house. I've been basing it on the distance that I have to move before the car realises the keycard has moved away. The car will still open by pulling on drivers door handle twice even if card is 20 yards further away.

On further investigation, handsfree only operates intermittently - even after changing battery in keycard. Deadlocking by using keycard seems to work fine. Can't try second card as car was only supplied with one!
Currently in adhall's garage:
2004 Grand Espace 2.2 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome