Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Retrofitting folding mirrors

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12th July 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I believe there are two systems - multiplex and non-multiplex. The non-multiplex system should be reasonably easy to wire, though I expect the multiplex will be a non-starter.

I don't know if the existing looms will do the trick, but even if they don't, it should just be a case of correctly routing power through the switch to the mirrors.

But... (and it's a big but) I don't know if there are any differences in the mirrors themsevels between the two systems. It may be an idea to get the parts from a non-multiplex donor vehicle rather than a multiplex one.

That probably amounts to finding the mirrors from a Privilege rather than an Initiale.

I'm not sure if I'd bother with the switch to be honest. There was a nifty mod reported here at one point that folded the mirrors in and out based on the ignition live feed (also available inside the door.) As I recall, the mod did have an override switch hidden in the door pocket, so that you could have the mirrors folded out with the ignition off if you really needed to.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.

Last edited by Horatio; 12th July 2007 at 07:29 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome