Independent Renault Forums banner

Scenic RX4 Fidji "cd err" problem

6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  madnoel10 
#1 ·
Hi
Just brought 03 plate RX4 and everything was rosy,when all
of sudden the cd player through out cd and now always
shows "cd err" when trying to insert cd.
Looks like std model cd player..stalk control etc,tried lense cleaning but no luck yet...is this a common fault,is ther an easy solution????

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi Nicc - are you using original CD's or copies. It is not unusual for CD heads to go - even in household CD players - players in cars tend to get more abuse as they are in an environment subjected to changes in temperature, humidity and vibration. You could try taking it out and see if it can be repaired - although that could cost as much as a replacement one. You may more luck searching the web for CD players or audio forums.:)

#4 ·
First thing to do, make sure you have the code for the unit, disconnect the power (take it out from the dash, or pull the fuse)..wait a couple of minutes then power it up again. It may cure it.
Have you tried a CD lens cleaner in case it is dirt/dust that is causing the issue?

#5 ·
hey there!!

i have a mrk3 clio and what you explained is happening to my cd player, the radio is fine and everything else works fine but when i put the cd player on and put a cd in it just comes up with 'cd err' i am absolutley gutted as ive tried everything and still no luck at all, anybody got any tips???

tom

#6 ·
Sigh...my first post on here is to say I have exactly the same problem. Been driving around happily playing all manner of CDs for a couple of weeks, now with every disc, the player can be heard trying to load and each time it bleeps and reads "CD ERR". This is appalling if it's a regular fault, especially as I don't have any tools for removing the flippin' thing and I don't want to doing this everytime this happens.

I was going to see if a cd lens cleaner would work (if I can find one that works with a front loading machin, that is), however it seems to be that this won't help.......Any advice PLEASE?

:mad: :steam: :confused:

#7 ·
#15 ·
Hi Sj - for some reason your picture link ain't working. I suggest you check the aerial is properly connected into the back of the radio - thereafer you may need to check the connections to the back of the aerial - its earth in particular. Is it posssible the aerial may have been damaged sometime in the past and the incorrect type has been fited instead. Not all roof aerials are the same:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.