Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #359 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Originally Posted by bskinner3 View Post
Right, loads of good advice here, followed it to access my loom, burnt out as most have. Replaced the connector with the upgraded loom and now I'm stuck!

I have a new resistor pack to put it but it also has a long set of wires (red/black) that end in a plug. It obviously plugs in somewhere but the existing wires vanish into the back of the dash and I cannot see where they go.

Some here have cut the source wires to the pack & connected the new pack to that, I would like to avoid that if I can.

The existing resistor has less connections than the new one (the new connector spreads it load over two pins not one) so I do not want to plug the new connector onto the old pack (even if it is working) I would rather replace the pack correctly.

If it a dash out job to connect the pack? Do you advocate cutting off the supplied connector & splicing the new wires to the old supply cables?
I just changed the resistor pack on mine today and sounds like we've bought the same kit. I just cut the plug off and spliced the wires, worked a treat. Now have all 4 fan speeds

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, its been a great help.

Now, has anyone got a remedy for very sore and red raw skin on right forearm
Currently in waterdog's garage:
05 scenic 2.0 auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome