Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 - Electronics - Auto Lights and Pinout for Iso connectors

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I think the battery in the TomTom is fine. It's a Lithium-Ion one, and I know they don't really like being discharged so I tend to use the unit on external power most of the time. It took a full charge from the mains adapter the other day, and doesn't shut itself down when it isn't on the cradle. I was expecting the car to keep it topped up, having seen it say 'charging' the other day, but the battery is discharging, making me think the problem is with the permanent live feed. Unfortunately, this conflicts with the fact that the unit switches itself on and off, which would suggest to me that it's the ignition live feed that's the problem. It can't be both because the green light on the front of the GO stays on all the time. I might just meter them out, find out which is permanently live and just hook them both up to that.

I'm going to ask some of the other docking kit owners on the TomTom forums to see whether their little green light goes on and off with the ignition or not. If it does (as I think mine used to in the old car) it would seem that my TT's ignition live is wired to the car's permanent live, while TT's permanent live is wired to something else entirely.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome