Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - IR Receiver

Thread: IR Receiver
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12th July 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Time to get the door cards off me thinks - on some of the older models the drivers door central locking switch acted as a master and all the other doors where slaves to it - if the drivers doorlock switch doesn't operate none of the others will - on the older cars it was quite common for the retaining circlip on the back of the lock which holds the lever to fall off - probably lying down inside the door.
This thread has kind of got back to front! I have another one running in Bodywork called Rotating Lag Barrels (or something like it) - which has turned into how to sort out the IR receiver and / or immobiliser, and this one about the IR receiver has turned into rotating lock barrels!! hey ho.

Noel (I assume I call you that rather than Mad lol) someone - maybe on the other thread - told me drivers door doesnt operate other slaves - but if its just a matter of adding a circlip I might give that a try - I am petrified that the passenger lock (the only one I can now use with a key) sticks locked and I get starnded at work!!!!!
Currently in Fiddler's garage:
2005 Megane II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome