Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 182 - Dodgy Brakes?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Clio 182 - Dodgy Brakes?

I just changed from a Leon Cupra to a 54 Clio 182 with Cup pack. From the test drive I thought the Clio brakes were less than impressive but bought the car anyway because I thought that if there was a problem at least it could be sorted out afterwards, plus the rest of it is great.

Whilst waiting for them to do their paperwork etc the dealer promised to look at the brakes. When I collected the car they said they had re ground the disks to remove any imperfections and did a similar thing to the pads. But after another test drive I was less than convinced. I said I'd give the 'new' setup a week to settle in.

I still think the brakes are poor compared to the Leon (although that had bigger disks) which was awesome on the stoppers, but am I expecting too much from the Clio? Anyone else had confidence problems with the 182 brakes?

It stops, but I daren't try any outbraking manoeuvres for fear of rear ending something!

Any comments appreciated.
  5 Lastest Threads by Clang
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 182 - Dodgy Brakes? Brakes/Hubs Clang 8 1873 12th January 2006 03:22 PM
What a laugh... Welcome to RenaultForums Clang 5 972 3rd January 2006 10:30 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome