Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001 Scenic drivers window dropped - Recall issue?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2001 Scenic drivers window dropped - Recall issue?

Hello you helpful bunch!
The drivers window on my wife's Scenic Privilege+ has gone nuts. It went down fine for a few inches then a horrid motor/crunching sound came from behind the door and it just disappeared in to the door. She panicked but I managed to raise it on the electric button a bit and (brute force) pulled it up to close at the top, it was a bit loose but after holding the window button up until the sound stopped the window now feels a lot more stable.
Obviously I've told her to leave well alone for now (there's always the sunroof or climate for some fresh air).

Was there a recall for this model Scenic?
I've tried the VOSA site but it won't load, I'll be on the phone to Dartford Renault tomorrow so if you people could tell me wether or not we're covered under a recall then that would give me some ammunition to get it booked in sharpish to fix.

Thanks again, this is the best site by far for information I've come across.

Currently in Steve_o's garage:
1999 Clio Alize 1.4 8v
  5 Lastest Threads by Steve_o
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2001 Scenic drivers window dropped - Recall issue? Cars & motoring chris m 7 2285 13th July 2007 06:55 PM
Renault Clio 1.4 8v - Info on starting problems -... Clio Rone 53 86422 10th July 2007 09:00 PM
Renault Clio - Wheels and Tyres - Steering wheel... Clio llama_boi626 10 12459 3rd July 2007 11:04 PM
Morning/Evening all Welcome to RenaultForums ottoman 4 995 3rd July 2007 09:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome