Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - check hand brake light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
check hand brake light

i have read though a lot of posts about the handbrake warning light but can't find a fix .
i had a rear brake caliper replaced on my 2005 laguna dynamique 1.9dci estate .this was because the electronic handbrake was seized(drivers side ) .the handbrake now works fine ,even on a steep slope .
when i stop the car the message comes up park brake on ,but when i take out the keycard the panel lights up with the message 'check hand brake ' along with the spanner light .the light stays on for about 5 minutes .
i have tried this ....
renault guy says providing there are no faults

turn your ignition on without starting engine, have drivers door openand press lock button on keycard
put keycard in reader and press start button for 5 seconds.
pull large part of manual handbrake handle and push small button with red light without letting go of larger handle and you should hear the handbrake motor reset some time you will have to do

but it does not seem to work .is it necessary to pull the yellow handle before doing this,is it necessary to have a door open .
there is also a post about disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to try .
anybody got any other comments about how to reset the computer to get rid of this warning .
Currently in porkpie53's garage:
renault laguna estate 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by porkpie53
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna estate 2 replacing brake discs Brakes/Hubs madnoel10 5 743 24th April 2015 07:38 PM
check hand brake light Brakes/Hubs Nottnoc 3 1377 1st February 2015 10:14 AM
topping up antifreeze ,2005 laguna 1.9dci Engines Renoir White 3 1058 25th October 2014 12:31 PM
2005 laguna electric window fixed . Electronics porkpie53 0 466 19th April 2014 07:33 PM
knocking ,clunking noise fixed . Exhausts porkpie53 0 754 19th April 2014 07:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome